Wednesday, July 4, 2018
CALL TIME: 10:00 AM
CALL LOCATION: South Fullerton Ave, between Union St. and Hawthorne Place, in Montclair, NJ
Parade Step-Off: 11:00 AM
The parade marches 1.6 miles through suburban, gay-friendly Montclair, NJ. Expect lots of lawn chairs under big, shady trees, kids with squirt guns, and chilled-out pets
Note: in the event of high temperatures, we will wear everything but the overlay
* White uniform marching band pants
* White 2018 marching band t-shirt
* White shoes (Dinkles or otherwise, but must be solid white with no logos)
* White web belt (optional)
* White socks and underwear (trust us on this, we’ll know if you don’t!)
* White marching band hat (supplied at step-off if you don’t already have one)
* Rainbow Overlay (always supplied at step-off)
* Purple Plume (always supplied at step-off)
* Plain purple bandana (Optional. Available for purchase at rehearsal/step-off)
* Your full 2018 uniform
* Your white Color Guard-specific Dinkles
The complete 2018 marching set, Viva La Vida, and MMMBop
Remember: put your music into a flip folder, and put logo placards in front of each piece in the marching set (but not the bonus tracks)
Cases and personal items can be stored in our band truck
The local library near our line-up spot opens their doors for restrooms, and there are restrooms in Edgemont Park at the parade’s end
* Drivers should park near our call location. There is plenty of free, street parking nearby.
* You can use this address in your GPS: 73 South Fullerton Ave., Montclair, NJ
* At the end of the parade we will shuttle you back to your cars
Shuttling Back After the Parade
Please wait for your drivers at Valley Rd. and Watchung Ave. (the corner where we made the last turn before the reviewing stand and the park).
* Directions from parade end to step-off to fetch cars: Avoid parade traffic by driving southwest on North Mountain Ave., which is on the opposite side of the park/lake from where the reviewing stand is. When driving away, the park will be on your left if you are going in the right direction. Go about one mile to the main drag, Bloomfield Ave.; cross over Bloomfield and continue another 1/2 mile on what is now South Mountain Ave. Turn left on Union St. and go about 1/2 mile to South Fullerton–you are at our step-off location.
* Directions from step-off to parade end to fetch passengers: Go back the way you just came. Take Union St. to South Mountain Ave. and turn right on South Mountain. Cross over Bloomfield Ave. and continue one mile on what is now North Mountain Ave. until you reach Watchung Ave. Turn right on Watchung and go one light to Valley Rd. Retrieve passengers.
Barbecue at Casa Del Begley!
After the parade, drive to Casa Del Begley (62 Essex Avenue, Glen Ridge, NJ) for a fabulous July 4th barbecue! Their house is just 3 miles away. Beer, hard cider, and soda; burgers and dogs, regular and veggie; corn and vegetarian goodies; yummy fruit; and cat treats will all be served!
P.S. The kiddie pool will be open for wading!
Partly sunny and humid, with a high of 88°. Keep hydrated!